Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Book Fair Success!

Dear my wonderful crew of Forest North Library volunteers,

Well, the dust has settled and the numbers have been crunched. We earned a record-breaking $905.04 for the Book Fair this year! We never broke the $900 mark last year, so I am thrilled to achieve that goal. It will all go directly into hiring an author or storyteller to come entertain us later this year. Stay tuned for announcements on who that person will be!

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me put on the Book Fair. It is not a one person job, and I could not have done it without all your help setting up, advertising, holding signs outside in the car line, running the cash register, helping me count the pennies for a 4th time, helping all of our customers choose which color pencil they want, helping find just the right book, making wish lists, and breaking down the library hours faster than I ever have before!

For those of you with more flexible schedules, I am still looking as always for regularly scheduled volunteers. I always have lots of books to reshelve and lots of small projects I need help with, so if you've ever got a free hour, I'd love "drop in" help, or if you have an hour or two you could regularly devote to the library, my readers and I would be eternally grateful for your assistance! It's hard running a library by yourself, but it sure is easier to manage with wonderful parents and community members like you. I couldn't do it without you. I sincerely appreciate your willingness to help me help your students.

Sincerely,
Library Girl
AKA Mrs. Fournier

No comments: