Monday, December 11, 2017

#classroombookaday


Last summer, I chanced upon this article about the Classroom Book-a-day project on the Nerdy Book Club blog. I texted Ms. Moore and asked if she would try this with me this year. I promised to get a fresh stack of fun picture books to her classroom all year long, and we'd handle a beautiful display (courtesy of the crafty Mrs. Vetter, trusty Library Assistant) for her to keep track of what they've read. They use these books to build a common vocabulary of stories, develop their background knowledge of the world, and grow their inferring skills. 

Mrs. Talley soon heard about our project and decided to do it too! It's going really well. Mrs. Talley also had the cool idea to invite people to come do the read aloud as well. It's really spreading the belief that picture books are for everyone! I'm so excited to see what's next!









No comments: