Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sophie Blackall Writes Us Back!



You may remember an earlier post about a special book study on A Fine Dessert by Emily Jenkins, illustrated by Sophie Blackall, that we talked about last month.  

Today, I received the most special package in the mail!  Sophie Blackall sent us some fine things to look at after our Skype session with her back in March.

1. a beautiful painted letter
2. 5 bookplates - one signed to Forest North (already put it in our FNE library copy), two with just her signature (put it in two copies I'm going to give away to two lucky 2nd graders!), and one with my name on it to put in my special home copy.
3. seeds from her latest book, The Baby Tree
4. an amazing envelope to hold it all- cool stickers and handwriting all over it!

I also included in the collage an absolutely gorgeous "Library Appreciation Week" note from Tiffany that says "Thank you for showing me how to make a fine dessert."  It was so beautiful, I had to include it in this collage!

Sophie Blackall, you are so cool!  We are your biggest fans!  Thanks for supporting us!




No comments: