Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Texas Bluebonnet Award Announcements!

I'm proud to say we had 136 voters this year at Forest North for the Texas Bluebonnet Award!  In third place, with 17 votes was Ghetto Cowboy.  


Our 2nd place winner was Giants Beware with 21 voters. 

And our runaway winner at Forest North was Wonder by R.J. Palacio with 41 votes!


Our votes did not match up with the state!  We watched the special announcement (check it out here) when the winning books were announced, and I had to work hard at keeping a secret for over a week- I only knew because I'm on the Selection Committee.  My students were surprised but thrilled.  They love the nominees and enjoyed the winner.  Across the state, here's how things ended up.  With 19352 votes, Giants Beware was the 3rd place winner across Texas.  Wonder (our winner) won 2nd overall with 21,662 votes, and the winner... with 28,398 whopping votes was Ten Rules You Absolutely Must Not Break if You Want to Survive the School Bus.  Congratulations to John Grandits- I look forward to hearing you speak at the Texas Bluebonnet Award Luncheon in San Antonio in April!



No comments: