Friday, May 15, 2015

Finishing 5th Grade Book Club

I caught Madison reading in the edges yesterday while waiting to go home and had to snap a photo.  She's reading The Raft by S.A. Bodeen, which is our very final title for our 5th Grade Book Club.  We call it the Danielle Book Club after our friend who moved away earlier this year.

Madison is one of 13 fifth graders who vote with me on which book we're reading next.  We always have so many on the ballot, it's hard to choose a favorite, but this is our next one!

I realized yesterday that this is probably the last book I'll enjoy with this group of kids, after six years of reading together.  That's a big deal.  I'm going to miss them bunches when they move on to Deerpark Middle School next fall.  Keep reading, you super stars!




No comments: